6.24.2008

It's already June 24th?? What the Hell??

I have been lost in work-land lately. I feel like I am getting a handle on things again so of course that means it's time for me to take a vacation! :o) Well, whatever... there's always going to be more work than I can get done and it's summer so a week off when the weather is supposed to be nice should be a pretty good time! I can't believe how much I have been working lately, taking case files home to read, running around the office and not stopping for lunch... this week the machine has slowed to a normal pace (although I could have continued to be frantic and possibly gotten ahead on some things, but that my friend is how people burn out on this job). Today I took a couple of breaks and a 30 minute lunch break, which... considering the fact that I don't get paid for an hour of each day for lunch... well that's a pretty good start!

I'm well aware of how lucky I am, being able to balance this crazy ass job and still have these kick ass kids... it's all of these mommies we got going on. I used to say that I could do the work I do because my kids have a trinity of moms that work together to make sure that the kids get what they need... and for the most part things go really smoothly. Now I guess, well there's nothing poetic like a trinity when it comes to four moms... I guess with Judy things are just more stable. Instead of a tripod which is easily overturned we've become a solid foundation which I'm pretty sure that nobody could fuck with.

Sometimes someone freaks out... usually that would be me, I tend to overreact... usually after the mama under-reacts... and then well Courtney and Judy just shrug and Angie and I work it out and we all call it a day. Last week I sat in court waiting for one of my hearings while they finished up a custody hearing and it made me so sad for the little girl they were talking about. I wished the two numb-nuts parents could pull it out long enough to see that this was about HER and not them. Anyway, watching stuff like that makes me extra glad for what I've got... HA... the mom-quad. Sometimes I am such a dork! OK, generally I am.

Anyway, these were my thoughts today as Judy came to pick up my house key so she could take the kids to swimming because the rest of us were all tied to work. My workday was actually pretty chill today, of course that always happens when I'm PIC and tied to the desk until 5:00. On the days I can flex-out earlier... I am stuck on a crisis until later. :o) Life's quite a ride, isn't it?