7.15.2008

Malaise

An indefinite feeling of uneasiness or of being sick or ill at ease.

A vague or unfocused feeling of mental uneasiness or discomfort.

I hate my job.

The thing is... I have for a long time, years even. But, I have good benefits and I LOVE the people I work with. I've been trying to make the best of a psychotic situation. Now, well, I can't change anything TODAY (well, except that I have been calling in sick for three days... although in truth I have been sick with something unmentionable that you do NOT want to have at work... but in truth doesn't make you all THAT sick.)


I want to work part time, still have medical coverage and get to really BE with my kids more. Then again, so does every other parent in the world. I KNOW, I get that. But I am so sick and tired of feeling so traumatized at work that there's nothing left of me. And, of knowing that there's not much else I can do with a BS that will get me the same pay and benefits. Really, I just want to stay home. I've always wanted that. I was good at that. Home was better when I could do that.


I really wish I didn't hate my job, it makes leaving my kids almost unbearable. You know how they say, "You can have it all, just not all at once?" Well, I don't even WANT it all, I never did.